Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gizmo, love Erin

This was written by my thirteen year old niece Erin. Thank you Erin for letting me share this on my blog: 


I just read your blog...I had my first breakdown. I cried, for at least an hour. I tried to distract myself but I couldnt stop. I still cant stop. Its the worst thing Ive ever felt. I thought about the last time I was with him. We were in the Volkswagon Thing. He was laying on my lap, tired from the long walk on the beach. He had crawled up to my ear and made his cute little snorts while licking it like crazy. When we pulled up to my house, I didnt want to leave him. I had the best day with him, and you. 

I miss him. I miss his old man noises. His quiet little snores when he sleeps. The way he walks. His funny little barks. His crazy four in a row sneezes. Everything. I miss everything...

I love him as much as I love my own dogs. I dont know why, but from the moment I met him I loved him instantly. How could you not?

When I was little, and even now, I went through a million best friends. Who doesnt?
He was, and still is a best friend. I couldnt get enough of him. I wanted to spend every possible moment with him. I wish I would have.

Thank you. Thank you for bringing him into my life...he is the best thing in the world.

He is still with us, and always will be...because of this:

Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality
-Emily Dickinson


love,
Erin 

1 comment:

lisa said...

To Amy & Erin....How beautiful!! Gizmo will always be loved & always be with us.

Love, Lisa