Monday, August 22, 2011

The Bed

I have a HUGE King size panel bed that easily stands over four feet at the mattress. It's huge and lovely. The dogs have a tough time getting in and out of it. I've tried cushions, stairs, couches, ramps and nothing.

The nothing was bad because they'd wake me up in the middle of the night to get on and off the bed. It wasn't like Gizmo where I had to get up and walk him down stairs for a drink. Poco and Taz can do it on their own. I was also afraid they might fall off.

I put a ramp up, but that lasted a day when Taz got her toe nail caught and cried like a baby. That's it! The bed is going on the floor.

I can only say I bought the bed years ago from Lampman's Furniture in Fenwick and it wasn't cheap. Now, my not so cheap bed with lifetime warranty on the mattress is sitting on the floor because of my dogs.

I still have the headboard and footboard in place, but the box spring and mattress sit on the floor. I have an old couch cushion as a step, so they can jump up and down. It's a big bed. At first it felt like sleeping in a coffin with the high front and back, but now it feels safe and comfortable.

Even little Vincent can manage the leap and the pups spent the first day delighting in jumping on and off the bed without any hint of danger.

Gizmo would have loved it, but he'd still wake me up in the middle of the night to turn on the hall light, so he could navigate the stairs. I think he was afraid of the dark.

No comments: