Thursday, June 24, 2010

Red Paint

We decided to paint everything red to match the barn and the ground has turned the same red with all our efforts. My ankles are red, hands and legs. Even the pool skimmer is turning red.

It looks amazing and I'm tempted to paint the ground green where we hoped the grass would have grown by now, but instead - it's red.

Brent painted for days. He was full of paint and choking on it steady, so give him a good pat on the back to clear his lungs and appreciation. He's pretty amazing.

I've been working on lighting. We now have electricity out to the pool house (thanks Chuck) and to the pond. We've buried all the wires and even managed to get a flood light into a tree. I can't wait to see what it looks like at night. Unfortunately I won't be home during darktime until Friday becuase I'm working nights, so I won't get to fully evaluate the lighting until the night before the big party.

We're at the point where it's ready. We still need to do some clean up (lots and lots of clean up), but the major stuff is done and only three days before hand. Eke!

It's been a labour intensitve challange, but one that we've accepted with sore muscles and open arms. I'm looking forward to relaxing for a few days once this is all said and done.

We've managed to salvage some and make the hard decision to demolition a few unsavable pieces.

Billy worked hard today to clean out the farm animal stall and then load some steel. He helped build picnic tables at the beach on Sunday and I'm not sure he even wants to come back to finish the job on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great new look, Amy.