Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bottling Wine

We bottled twelve batches of wine last week. We did six batches in just over an hour and think of ourselves as professional bottlers.

Of course, with every thing we do we think we're experts. Expert patio builders, expert pond makers, livestock husbandry and mechanics seem to be part of daily life. Not to mention heavy machinery operator, dog trainer and bunny wrangler. What a great life to live so many roles.

I'm a paramedic for money and a farmer for love. There are so many things here on the farm that hold my attention. The newly faced and painted pool house, pump house and dog fence all bringing vibrance and vitality to a neglected farm. Watching things come to life fills me with the warmth.
I am full of love each day I look out on the rising or setting sun knowing we have made this happen. Our hard work and passionate devotion have created this little bit of heaven for us here on earth. Amazing. Makes me grateful and appreciative of all the things we try, succeed and often times... fail.

The party is this Saturday. Gulp.

No comments: