Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Bride Feels the Heat

I noticed the basics were starting to go off line. I was having trouble eating without feeling sick. I would wake up at 0430 and be up for hours without having to go to work. Wine was replacing Brent as my best friend. I was cranky with family, friends and Brent. I was starting to wish that this whole wedding thing was over. I was starting to think that things would be better after the wedding.

I started to recognize the signs of ... Bridezilla.

Oh dear. Was I?

I didn't have high demands of the wedding, my groom, my family or his parents. I wasn't looking for perfection. I hadn't made my bridesmaids wear aqua-marine taffeta. I didn't want the most expensive dress or an exotic honeymoon.  I didn't demand the flower girl/puppy dye their hair pink. Please don't import special flowers that cost a fortune. I would like candles, but if you don't have blue that's okay... we'll manage. I'm pretty sure the groom won't be wearing shoes.

No. I wasn't Bridezilla and I breathed a huge sigh of relief, I was just worried.

I worried we'd never meet with Pastor Tom and in the end we'd not have an anyone to officiate the wedding. Really... did this matter? Naw... we could always white chapel it later.

I worried we wouldn't find a band and we'd be playing music from an ipod in the house. Would our friends really mind? They'd still have a few drinks and dance like next year wasn't coming.

I worried the cater wouldn't make it. Would my family and friends mind take out pizza? Probably not.

I worried the weather would be horrible - rain and wind. Can I stop it? Nope.

I worried the picnic tables wouldn't be ready in time. I worried the green barn would never be cleaned out. I worried the port-a-potties wouldn't arrive.

I worried about parking, high heels in the sand, Gizmo licking himself in the middle of the vows.

I never worried Brent wouldn't show up. I never worried my puppies would run away. I never worried my wedding party would have a huge fight and leave.

My family and friends love us. They support us and care about us. Thanks for listening to my worries and I hope that with your good wishes I'll finally have a good night's sleep. This eye cream I've started using will only work if I get a little sleep!

Thank you.
ps.... I'm a closet country music fan.  I thought you should know all my secrets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, country?