Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dressing for the Wedding

I've had many people ask what kind of attire would be most appropriate for the wedding... I'd like to offer this bit of information:

1. It's on the beach, so choose the right shoes as sand is not forgiving of high heels, but if you can do it - do it. Chances are the bride, groom and wedding party will be barefoot.

2. Yes. I'm wearing a mostly white sort of traditional wedding dress - with a little flair. It makes me feel like a princess.

3. The boys (including groom) will be wearing shorts and super cool and funky shirts - I'm hoping for buttons.

4. When the women in the wedding party asked about dresses I said "wear something that makes you feel beautiful and comfortable". I offer the same advice to our guests.

5. Pink.

Option two: wear something fun and fancy for the ceremony and a change of clothes for the cool nighttime bonfire. Don't forget to bring a sweater. Be a diva: have a costume change.

Wear something fun and comfortable. Wear that thing you bought years ago and never had a place to wear it. This is the place. This is the place for hawaiian shirts and tassels. Bring that bedazzled skirt with those red shoes. Yes. Wear the red shoes. Be fun and sexy and playful and comfortable.

Taz is wearing a white dress with a pink ribbon. Gizmo and Poco are wearing white dinner jackets with black bow ties. They are very excited. I hope you are too...

Brent are really excited to be marrying each other. It sounds corny, but it's true.

No comments: