Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cutting the Grass - Farmer Style

It finally rained yesterday, which means the grass had a growth spurt. I have a lot of grass to cut and I was trying to think of new and productive ways to take care of this job. I was staring at my horse when I decided to move them into my backyard for the day.

The goats are great at trimming trees and eating that deadly sawgrass that has left me with deep abrasions on my forearms and legs. The three of them (Autumn -horse, Nelly - little goat and Billy - big goat) are currently weeding around my pond.

What a great idea! I'm a super-smart!

Out to cut the front lawn, because letting them loose on my road doesn't seem like a great idea.

See? Smart!

1 comment:

How to Start a Hobby Farm said...

Big draw back? Two big steaming piles of horse manure. Dogs love horse poop.