Thursday, November 11, 2010

Horse Fencing - Part 2

It's still not done as of November 4, 2010.

It's been two weeks that we've steadily been working on fencing and we're so close to being done with the hand breaking wire and in the past few days we've added the challenge of mud. My feet stayed mostly wet due to the hole in my decade old rubber boots. I'm excited that I get to buy a new pair!

I must give a special thanks to the backhoe for all it's hard work. This project would not have gone as smoothly or as quickly without you, you sassy, big, yellow machine. I love you.

Secondly, to my husband Brent. Without his back breaking determination that had us working outside in the dark last night until after nine p.m. we'd never be this far, tired, broken and cold. Thanks honey.

The great news is that we should be done with all the fencing stuff today. We have the electrical set up and just need to hook it up to the unit and tighten the ribbon. What a beautiful sight with the white four inch ribbon stretched along the top rail. It's changed the look of the backyard and the view from the house. I'm excited and nervous to put livestock in this new paddock. I know they're going to love it.

We still have a to do some clean up, fix and insulate the lean to and work on getting water for winter. I wonder when Autumn is coming home?

No comments: