Friday, October 8, 2010

Lisa's Wedding Speech

Amy rented a cottage in early September with friends up in Long Beach for the weekend and a week later she moved into the farm. I came by the farm to help and recognized all her friends except for this one tall guy.

Amy said she met him in Wainfleet, but wouldn't say more. Hmmm... I started in with the twenty questions, but for once my sister was silent.

What was going on? He was just helping? Who was this tall dark haired handsome man and why was he helping my sister??

Over the next few weeks Amy started hanging out more at the beach. She mentioned moonlit walks, romantic bon fires filled with wine. Every time she went to the beach the puppies followed... hmmm... he really did know the way to her heart was through her puppies.

Over the next few months I watched Brent and Amy working together. They pulled out carpet and painted walls at the farm. They laid tons of ceramic tile. Back at the beach they worked on Brent's building, renovated cottages and planned.

Nearly three years later they continue their journey back and forth from farm to beach. The more I see them doing things together the more I realize how good they look, how strong they are and how happy.

Wow. They worked well together and I watched them grow into a lovely couple.

My sister used to be high maintenance and now she goes with the flow. I believe my sister has met her match. She has changed so much and I can see the love she has for Brent, life, the farm, her animals, puppies and the beach.

I was going to feel sorry for this new guy dating my sister and I wondered how he was going to put up with her? Today I can thank him for being patient, kind and loving.

I can see and feel the happiness you have for each other, your families and all her extra heart beats.

I have no doubt you two belong together and deserve each other.

Everything happens for a reason...

My toast: May your love affair last forever. We wish you all the best and years of laughter and love. Please raise your glasses as the Bremners and Lindhursts welcome each other.  

No comments: